MIT provides MULTICS source and documentation (DPS-8 simulation)

Huw Davies huw.davies at kerberos.davies.net.au
Thu Nov 15 05:56:06 CST 2007

On 15/11/2007, at 4:20 PM, Roy J. Tellason wrote:

> Which reminds me of a comment I saw somewhere about the possibility
> of having
> a SCSI bus with more than one host adapter on it.  Is that even
> possible?

VMS has allowed SCSI clusters for quite a while that allow multiple
host adapters - typically you set the first host adapter to address 7
and the next to 6 (and I guess 5 if you have three hosts - I've only
done it with two).

This has been re-invented for Integrity (aka Itanium) servers but I
think it's limited to two hosts.

Works and works well with supported SCSI adapters.

Huw Davies           | e-mail: Huw.Davies at kerberos.davies.net.au
Melbourne            | "If soccer was meant to be played in the
Australia            | air, the sky would be painted green"