Teaching kids about computers...

Chris M chrism3667 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 12:30:56 CST 2007

--- David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:

> >  That's why you should start at a suitable level
> of
> > *abstraction* if you will. Learn about the innards
> > from *a distance*.
>
> Learn about them *when you need to* and not before.

 It's not always a function of "need", sometimes just
"want". Some people have more of a desire to peer
under the hood (hardware orientation). Not to the
exclusion of *simple* programming (BASIC, Assembly,
C..). It's where you're interests take you. When you
some kind of idea what's going on in a uP system,
you're often inclined to dig deeper (gates on up). If
that's your inclination. That's why I recommended
Norton's book, as a very suitable possibility.