IBM 5271 (PC3270) host interface options

Josh Dersch derschjo at msu.edu
Sun Nov 25 16:34:43 CST 2007

I have the exact same card, from my 5271.  I have no idea if it's
actually a parallel port card or not, though I suppose I could test it
out :).

However, my 5271 originally (a long time ago, before I inherited it) had
a card with a BNC connector on the back, which sounds like it may have
been a host interface.  Unfortunately I didn't get the card when I
inherited the machine (the previous user removed it to install a modem
in its place), so I can't provide more info.  There's a chance I may be
able to get in touch with him over the holidays, and if so I'll see if
he still has it lying around somewhere...

Josh