Using a DB13W3 monitor on a PC

Teo Zenios teoz at neo.rr.com
Tue Nov 27 09:18:48 CST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Liam Proven" <lproven at gmail.com>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:55 AM
Subject: Using a DB13W3 monitor on a PC

> (Since no-one seemed to notice this as a comment to an older thread...)
>
> I recently got given a decent 21" colour monitor with a DB13W3
> connector on it. Never used one of these before.
>
> In the same pile of stuff was a Mac video connector to DB13 cable.
> I've tried this on an old Beige G3, and also via an SVGA-Mac convertor
> on a PC. It gives a good sharp picture, but on both systems, red and
> green were reversed.
>
> Does this mean my cable's incorrectly wired up or doesn't belong to
> this monitor, or is that something to do with using a DB13 monitor on
> a modern PC?
>
> --

I think it depends on the monitor you have and the video card/system you are
using.

A Google search (newsgroup posts not the web) turned this up:

http://groups.google.com/group/oh.forsale/browse_thread/thread/4f2ed0a58715350e/bdda95cd0336b3a4?lnk=st&q=13w3+red+and+green+reversed#bdda95cd0336b3a4

The poster commented on how a specific SUN monitor (Sun GDM 1662B ) had the
red and green switched to conform to Mac specs.