Amiga TV Out

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Nov 27 13:00:53 CST 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Rod Smallwood wrote:
> Hi
>     I'm sure that I heard that some Commodore systems could do TV out
> and were in fact used to produce CGI stuff for 'Babylon Five"
> Does anybody know which ones and could they do PAL or just NTSC?

I don't know about PAL.  To do anything significant, you will want at
least a Genlock unit (I had one on my 1000), or maybe even Video Toaster.

TCI Bay Cablevision (Berkeley and Richmond) used to have a TV guide
channel.  It would sometimes crash, and display a "Guru Meditation Number"
instead.

I heard that the Video Toaster people actually got HOSTILE reactions from
some Mac fanatics, so they made a BIG box containing a video toaster and
an Amiga, and sold that as a "Macintosh peripheral".