Amiga TV Out

David Griffith dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Tue Nov 27 17:21:52 CST 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Jason T wrote:

> On 11/27/07, Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:
> > TCI Bay Cablevision (Berkeley and Richmond) used to have a TV guide
> > channel.  It would sometimes crash, and display a "Guru Meditation Number"
> > instead.
> That happened frequently on y cablesystem (whoever NW Suburban Chicago
> had in the early 90s) as well.  Once I even got to watch them create
> the new slides (in Scala, I think) over the air :)
>
> > I heard that the Video Toaster people actually got HOSTILE reactions from
> > some Mac fanatics, so they made a BIG box containing a video toaster and
> > an Amiga, and sold that as a "Macintosh peripheral".
>
> Wasn't there also an Alpha-based add-on unit?  Or was that after
> NewTek stopped using Amigas?

This reminds me of something that's been bugging me for a while.  What was
the thing with a woman's head appearing in a NewTek logo saying "NewTek!"?
What was the demo that included the same sort of thing except that a guy
who looked like Bluto from Popeye appeared and yelled "ScrewTek!"?

--
David Griffith
dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu