How easy is it to damage an IBM CGA display?

mbbrutman-cctalk at brutman.com mbbrutman-cctalk at brutman.com
Wed Nov 28 14:53:30 CST 2007

I'm having a bad day here ..

I mistook an IBM Industrial CGA display for a monochrome display, and
plugged it into a monochrome display adapter port.  There was no smoke
or funny noises, but it definitely did not work.

I've heard stories about the IBM monochrome displays being fragile
when mishandled like this.  Were the IBM CGA displays also this fragile?

(I won't be able to test it until I dig out a CGA card.  And now of
course I'm just paranoid and hoping that I didn't hurt it.)

Mike