VAX 11/750 power supply fault

J Blaser oldcpu2 at rogerwilco.org
Fri Nov 30 21:01:39 CST 2007

Quoting CRC <technobug at comcast.net>:

> On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:02:05 -0700, J Blaser
> <oldcpu2 at rogerwilco.org>wrote:
>
> >  In fact, a
> > couple of the PS PCBs went through the dishwasher to clean up the
> > remains to 'rodent residue'.  On the whole, it seems that I got them
> > back together properly!  ;)
>
> If there are any potentiometers on the boards that you washed, you
> might want to ensure that the wipers are making contact. Generally,
> pots are installed after a board wash unless they are sealed. An open

Luckily, no potentiometers on the boards I washed.  I was concerned about this
issue, too, but when I looked over the two boards that I planned to wash, I was
glad to find that neither had any 'moving parts' components, mostly just
descrete stuff, with an odd IC or two.  I think I'm okay on this issue.

- Jared