MMJ connectors

Tothwolf tothwolf at concentric.net
Thu Oct 4 02:58:36 CDT 2007

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Dennis Boone wrote:

> Got a note from Digi-Key today saying Tyco/AMP are discontinuing their
> 6p6c MMJ connectors (AMP #5-555236-2, Digi-Key #A24919-ND).
>
> Which leads me to the (somewhat rhetorical) question: are these things
> starting to vanish from the new market?  DK doesn't seem to have any
> others, based on a quick web search.  Mouser carries one brand.

Mouser always carried AMP/Tyco, which is what I had been buying.

Another source for these is Stewart Connector / Bel Fuse.

http://www.belfuse.com/StewartConnector/ProdList-ModularConnectors.asp?pPrLinID=9&pView=4&pPrLin=Modular%20Connectors&pCat=Plugs&pReset=y&pOrder=BelPartNumber

940-SP-3066-OST, 6P6C, offset tab, flat/oval cord
937-SP-3066-OST 6P6C, offset tab, round cord
937-SP-3066R-OST 6P6C, offset tab, round cord

I'd mainly been buying AMP/Tyco since they were easier to come by, but I
guess that may soon change. I think I need to place a call to AMP this
week.