New DSDD 5.25" floppies?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 15:23:06 CDT 2007

On 05/10/2007, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
> On 5 Oct 2007 at 0:01, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
> > And you all seem to have missed what I'm referring to. :^)  Note the
> > "III" portion of 1541-III. :^)
> > http://jderogee.tripod.com/project1541.htm
>
> Zane, it still doesn't answer my question.  "Why emulate a 1541 when
> you could just as easily emulate a 1571?"
>
> Sorry for my blockheadedness, but I'm still not clear on this.

Well, as no actual disks are involved and the transfer speeds of the
media are probably half a dozen orders of magnitude faster than an
actual floppy disk, why bother? It's not a disk drive. It's a way to
load games and things from modern media into a vintage computer. Why
not go for maximum software compatibility and emulate the most
widespread and commonly-supported disk drive, especially if it will
save effort?

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven at aol.com • MSN/Messenger: lproven at hotmail.com
Yahoo: liamproven at yahoo.co.uk • Skype: liamproven • ICQ: 73187508