VAX 11/750 rescued, alas...

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sun Oct 7 14:57:42 CDT 2007

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 17:07:03 -0600
J Blaser <oldcpu2 at rogerwilco.org> wrote:

> 2. Is the L0005 or the L0008 preferred?  Which one is easier to use
> with  VMS?  With NetBSD?  (Gee, a random thought just hit me...is
> there ULTRIX  for this beastie?)
There should be ULTRIX for the 11/750.

An other option is 4.3BSD-Tahoe. You can get it from TUHS or the CSRG
CDs. Once I instaled it on a MV II, that was upgraded to a MV III+ after
install. It was really fun to work with that old software. (And it felt
much faster then NetBSD. No surprise, given the 15 years of software
developement in between. Though, NetBSD is astonishing efficient on
"old" hardware, yet giving contamporarily features like IPv6.)
--

tschüß,
       Jochen