1541-III group buy?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 03:12:37 CDT 2007

On 10/9/07, Tony Duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > I do as well.  I thought we were talking about the jumpers blocks.  I
>
> I assuem everyone saves those from dead ISA cards, PC drives, etc. Older
> drives often had 0.1"-spacing jumpers on them

I certainly do - Over the past couple of years, I've had the
opportunity to scrape connectors and components off of several cubic
feet of boards before they hit the "electronic scrap" bin...  I almost
have enough 805 green LEDs from Quantum drives to refurb a US digital
clock to support 24-hour mode (one of my peeves - the chip in most
clock radios supports 12/24 hour mode via jumper, but the
manufacturers for the US market skimp on the LEDs since there will
"never" be anything but a "1" in the tens-of-hours column).

I haven't had to buy a 2 or 3-pin header or jumper block in many, many years.

> (2mm are, alas, common now I think).

Hmm... I don't think I have many of those.

-ethan