Unused Collections (was: Re: SGI Onyx - Three Phase to Two Phaseconversion)

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 14:40:27 CDT 2007

I'd have to count myself as a mostly-not-using-it collector as well.
I do deny the charge oh hoarding, however!   Having 80 C64s might be
hoarding - having one or two of every Commodore model is merely
"collecting" ;)

Not having a ton of space or $ for serious iron, my collection mainly
aims toward:

- Having all the cool stuff I couldn't afford in the 80s (being in
grade school or junior high then): lots of CBM, Apple, Atari
accessories, etc.
- Machines that few or no individual would ever have owned when they
were new, but may have used: VAX, Sun, SGI workstations and servers,
HP, etc
- Historically significant hardware or stuff that ran an odd O/S:
Symbolics LISP machine, AT&T 3B series....I guess this is somewhat
subjective and could be said about a lot of different kinds of
hardware

And of course, anything that's free and I just can't bear to see
thrown away.  Now that I think of it, that might account for the bulk
of the collection :)

Someday, I say someday, there will be enough space to set all this
stuff up and display it nicely.  That is if I could power it all...