Predicta?! -> philco computers

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Fri Oct 19 14:59:43 CDT 2007

On Friday 19 October 2007 15:46, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 19 Oct 2007 at 12:37, Brent Hilpert wrote:
> > I'm not familiar with what happened to the computer division with the
> > demise of Philco but it could be interesting to speculate as to what
> > would have happened to Philco computers if the Predicta hadn't killed the
> > company.
>
> I've got a core plane stitting in my desk drawer from what I was told
> was a Philco computer.  Biggish (visible with the naked eye) core;
> maybe 2K bits on the plane.

I remember years back when some of the surplus places were selling core planes
and such,  I think that they actually figured that some hobbyist was gonna
get them functional,  or something.  Way more of a challenge than I wanted to
take on,  for sure.

I've thought much recently that it'd be cool to have one,  just to have it
hanging on the wall or something.  :-)

-
M Dakin