SGI workstation sequence

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 17:29:51 CDT 2007

On 10/24/07, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:
> I once compiled a NetBSD kernel (1.4-something) on a VAXstation 2000.  I
> don't remember how it took, but it was a long, long time.

Well... I'm not worried about how long an Indy or an Indigo or
anything made in the past 15 years is going to take - my first kernel
compile was on an 11/730... I think it was around 8 hours, possibly
10.  Pretty much anything I do these days is going to be faster.

I'm more concerned about interactive responsitivity.  Sounds like
unless I get a free Indy (including local pickup), I'll probably keep
my eye out for an Indigo2 or Octane.

Thanks for the advice.

-ethan