Group buy of 1541-III PCB's?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Oct 24 22:40:30 CDT 2007

At 6:52 PM -0400 10/24/07, Richard A. Cini wrote:
>On 10/24/07 1:00 AM, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:
>
>  > Information on the 1541-III can be found at the creator, Jan
>  > Derogee's website http://jderogee.tripod.com/
>  >
>  > Zane
>
>I would be interested in one. I'd really like a DTV version, too.

For a DTV version check out the following website.
http://www.pyrofersprojects.com/blog/?page_id=38  This version will
be considerably larger than the DTV version.

The board Vince has designed is currently slightly longer than Jan
Derogee's design, this is to accommodate through the hole components,
rather than surface mount.  He has managed to keep it as small as it
is by having the resistors "stand up" rather than "lay flat".  This
is one of the questions I have for those interested in the boards.
What is the preference.  I personally would prefer them to lay flat,
even though it will result in a larger circuit board, as this will
make it easier to solder.  It might also be worth while to allow more
space between components.

For an idea of how tight everything currently is, here is a PDF of a
version the board using a SD connector from Digikey.
http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/commodore/board.pdf

Another question is about an enclosure for the board, should we
decided on the enclosure first, and the board be designed to fit it,
or just get the board done, and let everyone come up with their own
enclosures.

Zane