Better ESDI Controller? DTC 6280 or DTC 6282

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Oct 31 16:25:39 CDT 2007

I'm setting up an old system with a 380MB Maxtor (Miniscribe) ESDI
drive and I have two ESDI controllers.  One is a DTC 6280, the other,
a DTC 6282.  Which one is the preferable one?  The 6280 is about a
2/3 length ISA card and the 6282 is about 1/2 length.  Date codes are
about a year apart (90 vs. 91) with the 6280 being the older one.

For the life of me, I just can't remember which one I liked better.
I do recall that it's possible to hang 4 floppies on the same cable
off of either and that the FDC part handles FM very nicely.

Thanks,
Chuck