British Computers.

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 3 12:07:20 CDT 2007

Ensor wrote:
>  >> Transam (the Tuscan)
>  >  > They produced at least one other (8080 based) machine prior
>  >to the Tuscan, but for the life of me I cannot remember what
>  >it was called....
>
> Ah, the "Triton"! I knew it would come back to me. :-)

Quite by chance I stumbled across an ETI magazine today which announced the
system on the front cover as the "ETI Triton"; I didn't have time to read the
article itself, but found some more literature which said that the designer
created the machine for "Transam and ETI", as though it were some sort of
joint venture.

I've set the magazine to one side at the museum; I'll have to have a proper
read of the article when I get chance.