D-shell sizes [was Re: Slightly rare Mac 512k with D(?)-25 connector]

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Sep 5 11:40:07 CDT 2007

On 5 Sep 2007 at 11:47, der Mouse wrote:

> DC doesn't get used much in my experience; I think I have a few SBus
> cards that use it for the fat end of their octopus cables.

37-pin External floppy drive connectors on PC and PS/2.  Some SCSI
cards (e.g. the Iomega Bernoulli PC version) also used them.  There's
also a 68-pin 3-row "high-density" version used on Overland and Chi
Pertec 9-track adapters.  There's also a "thicker" 50-pin 3-row (not
HD) connector used for the external connector for some PC-based QIC-
02 and QIC-36 controllers (Wangtek, I think).

There were also non-standard sizes, such as the 19-pin D connector
used for Atari ST ACSI connections.

Cheers,
Chuck