Portable PDP-11 (was Re: Does anyone use RT-11?)

Allison ajp166 at bellatlantic.net
Mon Sep 10 13:47:20 CDT 2007

>Subject: Re: Portable PDP-11 (was Re: Does anyone use RT-11?)
>   From: "e.stiebler" <emu at e-bbes.com>
>   Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:18:26 -0600
>     To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
>
>Ethan Dicks wrote:
>  > If course, if a project were to erupt that was some form of portable
>> J-11 design w/1MB or more of SRAM and some local mass storage, I would
>> certainly strongly consider building one, even if I had to borrow a
>> J-11 chip from one of my two sources.
>
>But the j-11 are alos very easy to get, as a lot 11/73 boards are
>showing even on ebay for dirt cheap. And a SBC-11-+++ would be also a
>nice project, getting SCSI or IDE, 4 MBytes of ram, 100 mbit ethernet, ...

IF you have the part on Qbus already then a small backplance with other
scaled sized parts and it's left to being a programming project.

Seriously I already have a BA11VA with 11/23, 235kb ram, IO and RQDX3
in only four dual slots, why bother smaller?

For that fact why wreck a J11 CPU board to make a J11 system?

Allison