68k Mac development environments

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Tue Sep 11 06:20:43 CDT 2007

Josh Dersch wrote:

>The former's basically what I was planning on doing.  The "challenge" I
>spoke of is that I'm new to programming the Mac and new to Appletalk so
>I need to dig into what it'll take to write client/server code for
>"distributing" the time amongst the machines :).  I've found all the
>requisite documentation, it's just a matter of sitting down and digging
>into it now...

If you just use the datagram protocol it should be pretty simple;
as I recall (dimly) you can add a handler pretty easily from an app.
And you can broadcast which removes all the configuration issues.

I think you might need to add a little asm wrapper to get it to
work with think c.  back in the day I had examples but I don't think I
do any more.  I might have docs somewhere - "inside appletalk"

-brad