Wang 300 Calc --> 0/1 power labels

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 08:44:10 CDT 2007

On 11/09/2007, Brent Hilpert <hilpert at cs.ubc.ca> wrote:
> > To know a printer socket from a SCSI socket, you need to memorise
> > what, half a dozen? Maybe a dozen?
>
> > If you can't do that, you shouldn't be playing with computers, they're
> > too hard for you.
>
> I wasn't being nasty, there was no need for you to start. Be aware that while
> you may have intended that insult for me, you actually hit all those who had
> earlier expressed confusion over many of the 'few' symbols.
>
> It's also doubly cheap in that you yourself set up the conditions (relative
> quantity of symbols - irrelevant to the point being made) from which to derive it.
>
> You're responses to my points were all misdirections from the issue, except
> for the one in which you further undermine your own position (printer symbols).
> You failed to address the argument.
>
> (And wikipedia isn't exactly anything to rely on for precise definitions.)
>
> This is OT as I tried to point in my earlier message, and considering your
> approach to debating, I'm not interested in dragging it out further.

Oh, FFS!

Hint: the word "you" in colloquial English usage does not always refer
directly to an individual or to the person being addressed.

For example: "If you want to learn to fly a plane, you have to
demonstrate good vision and a degree of numeracy". This would be a
perfectly reasonable statement in a magazine or newspaper article,
without any implication that every reader of that journal is an
aspiring pilot.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven at aol.com • MSN/Messenger: lproven at hotmail.com
Yahoo: liamproven at yahoo.co.uk • Skype: liamproven • ICQ: 73187508