Ancient 8086/80286 unixes?

Bernd Kopriva bernd at kopriva.de
Tue Sep 11 12:19:08 CDT 2007

On Sun, 9 Sep 2007 14:46:59 -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>>>   Looking for the card??  Why not just build one?  It was a
>>> construction article, after all.
>>
>> ... my fingers are all thumbs when it comes to hardware
>> development. I'm more
>> interested in "low level" programming

>   This would hardly be "development"; nearly everything in the Trump
>Card design is readily available and easy to find, with the possible
>exception of the Z8581 clock generator.  All you need is a bunch of
>parts, a blank ISA prototyping board, a wire-wrap gun, and some time!

>              -Dave

Just building the card doesn't seem to be impossible even for me ...
... but i don't believe, that it would be working as i can rate my skills
very well :); and for debugging, i don't have any tools available.
Maybe i'm only too lazy ...

... at least, it's quite astonishing, that nothing seems to be remaining
but the Byte article describing the card. Steve Ciarcia gave some hints
(Sweet Microsystems, Nielsen Ratings) but they didn't help; and Google
(and others) gave no reference to current owners.
Other similar cards (Definicon, Opus, ...) show up on eBay from time to
time, but no Trump Card ...

Ciao Bernd