8-bitters and multi-whatever

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Wed Sep 12 18:10:49 CDT 2007

On 12/09/2007 20:03, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
 > On Wednesday 12 September 2007 14:31, Ethan Dicks wrote:
 >> On 9/12/07, M H Stein <dm561 at torfree.net> wrote:

 >>> You mean you didn't just make a simple cassette "null modem" cable?

 >> Until you mentioned it now, I never would have thought of it.

 > I never heard of that either,  until I read it in that post...

ISTR there was some Commodore diagnostic software that you could
transfer that way, and we certainly used the same technique to transfer
diagnostics from a BBC Micro with a disk drive to cassette-based
machines we were testing or repairing.  That would be around 1982-85.
We put resistors in the cables to get the levels right.

--
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager