8-bitters and multi-whatever

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Sep 13 02:57:48 CDT 2007

On 13 Sep 2007 at 0:41, Geoff Reed wrote:

> IIRC the trs-80 model III and IV could network (saw it in use in a
> classroom) via cassette port (hazy memory here) the network III device IIRc,
> where it hooked to a main computer that had a HD, and let you load and save
> programs on diskless III'S and IV's

I'm getting a little confused about the definition of "networking".
What I've been interpreting as is making another computer's files and
or drives or other resources appear (seamlessly) as part of the
current host's resources.

Just using a link to me doesn't imply "networking"--it's file
transfer, perhaps, but not networking.

And I'd also disqualify device-sharing, such as a MAC (multiple
access controller) between an I/O device and two computers.  Those go
WAY back...

Cheers,
Chuck