8-bitters and multi-whatever

M H Stein dm561 at torfree.net
Thu Sep 13 10:02:07 CDT 2007

------------Original Message(s):
From: "Ethan Dicks" <ethan.dicks at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: 8-bitters and multi-whatever

On 9/12/07, Roy J. Tellason <rtellason at verizon.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 September 2007 14:31, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> > On 9/12/07, M H Stein <dm561 at torfree.net> wrote:
> > > From: "Ethan Dicks" <ethan.dicks at gmail.com>

> > > You mean you didn't just make a simple cassette "null modem" cable?
>
> > Just a passive cable?  Do you have any special notes, or was it just
> > SAVE "FOO", 1  and LOAD "FOO", 1?
>
> I was wondering if you'd want the ",1" in there or not myself.

In this case, the '1' is to designate cassette drive 1 (PETs have two,
C-64s have one).  It's probably optional, but I included it out of
habit.

-ethan
Reply:

And of course there's the venerable Shift Run/Stop sequence; I wonder at what
point that changed from loading the first tape program to the first one on disk..