Computer rescue

William Maddox wmaddox at pacbell.net
Sat Sep 15 13:36:57 CDT 2007

--- Patrick Finnegan <pat at computer-refuge.org> wrote:

> Actually, that doesn't sound too bad of a price to
> me.  How far was it
> moved?

>From Green Bank, West Virginia to San Jose, Calfornia.

> A couple years ago, we had a set of 10 (24" IBM SP)
> racks and a couple
> of pallets moved from San Diego to West Lafayette,
> and it was about
> $10k

Ouch. What carrier did you use?  My shipment was
arranged by CTS, via their "shippingsource.com"
full-truckload division.

Your shipment was probably declared at a high value,
which adds considerably to the price, I think.
My stuff is either scrap metal or irreplaceable
treasure, depending on one's point of view.
I simply arranged for the kind of shipment appropriate
for high-value equipment and gambled that they'd do
it right, because an insurance payout would not have
been a satisfactory outcome in any case.

--Bill