Unknown S100 system

Roger Merchberger zmerch-cctalk at 30below.com
Fri Sep 21 11:42:11 CDT 2007

Rumor has it that Jules Richardson may have mentioned these words:

>Kind of posting on a whim that this might be something obvious...
>[snip]
>
>Unfortunately I forgot to bring the thing home with me, so I'm a bit light
>on remembered details (but can get more tomorrow if needs be). However, it
>appeared to have both an 8088 and 8085 CPU on board, memory, what is
>probably ROM, a handful of S100-bus [1] connectors, parallel port, a
>light-pen port (unusual!), plus a few other ports (at least one was serial
>I expect). There were a few other IDC-style pin headers too - perhaps for
>some sort of storage, but none of them were obviously labeled as to function.
>
>Sound familiar to anyone?

Sounds kinda like a motherboard for a Heath/Zenith... Z100? Was that the
designation? Those two processors were on the Z100 mobo... if you need to
see a picture, I can dig the mobo of one out of the crypt^Wbasement tonite...

Here's a not-so-great picture of the mobo for one:

http://retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/z100bdx.jpg

The Z-100 will take S-100 cards.

Hope this helps!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | A new truth in advertising slogan
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers | for MicroSoft: "We're not the oxy...