[lisaem] LisaEm 1.2.0 - No ROMs? No problem!

Ray Arachelian ray at arachelian.com
Mon Sep 24 22:07:35 CDT 2007

LisaEm 1.2.0 is available for download right now, from the usual place:
http://lisaem.sunder.net/downloads.html

Many LisaEm users have complained that ROMs are too difficult to
extract.  The new version of LisaEm solves this by allowing you to run
with out a ROM.  If you wanted to try LisaEm, but couldn't because you
didn't have ROMs for it, now you can!

It emulates the functions of the Lisa Boot ROM as well as the Dual
Parallel Card without requiring a ROM, and allows you to boot into Lisa
Office System.    If you've felt limited by only having a single
emulated Profile hard drive because you didn't have the Dual Parallel
ROM, the new version also emulates these, without requiring a ROM.

All you need is Lisa Office System and LisaEm.

As this is the first release of this feature, don't be surprised if you
encounter bugs.  Please report any unexpected behavior so that I can fix
it.  :-)

Additionally, I've added two movies that show how to install Lisa Office
System and MacWorks.  (MacWorks still doesn't work properly on LisaEm
however.)

Lisa Emulator Change History
http://lisaem.sunder.net/

2007.09.19 - fixed romless floppy boot to always boot from floppy and not
             switch to Profile.

2007.09.15 - debugging ROMless boot.
             new bug: when trying to boot from floppy, if a profile exists
             and is bootable, LOS starts up from the Profile instead of the
             floppy.

2007.09.09 - David Cecchin's XPM icon in unix

2007.09.07 - added Save/Load PRAM to Preferences

           - Quit now closes any open Preference window as well

2007.08.29 - libdc42 macbinii encoded dart to dc42 conversion bugfix

2007.08.16 - added LOS error codes to ROMless error handler
           - fix raw screenshot crash

2007.08.13 - got both ROMless boot and ROMless dual parallel card to work

2007.08.06 - individual profile power controls + create new profile inside
             a new menu named profile.

2007.07.28 - replaced all exit() and EXIT() calls with messages before
             quitting emulator so at least we know what crashed.

2007.07.27 - ROMless works with both profile and floppy now.

           - Fixed a bug with configuration saving.

2007.07.26 - Tracelog checkmark correction

2007.07.25 - added Zap PRAM button in main Preferences panel

2007.07.23 - ROMLess booting - floppy works

2007.07.19 - ROMLess booting start

2007.07.12 - RESET opcode supervisor mode bug fix.

2007.07.10 - CPU core tests

      If you'd like to support this project, you can do so by sending me
      something from my Amazon wish list. (Used books and DVD's are
      perfectly fine with me.) The trains are for my kid. :)
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/14EOBF86ARMDT/ref=wl_web/