Atari ST connectors (was: Atari SIO bus connectors found

Roger Merchberger zmerch-cctalk at 30below.com
Tue Sep 25 12:21:07 CDT 2007

Rumor has it that Chuck Guzis may have mentioned these words:
>On 25 Sep 2007 at 10:23, Roger Merchberger wrote:
>
> > Weren't the 19-pin D-sub connectors also used on the Atari Falcon for
> their
> > video?  And what "size letters" would they have? Remember:
>
>Don't know about that, but definitely for the ST's ACSI connector.
>And uncommon DIN connectors for video and floppy.

My only ST box (currently) is the 1040STF, so it has an internal floppy
drive. Therefore, I've never paid attention to that connector. Never had a
HD either... ;-)

... But the video connector is a 13-pin DIN which can be had from Mouser
now, and might be stocked at Digi-Key. I have a few males & females of that
connector ready & willing (whenever I get a round tuit, which won't be for
a little while at least, as it's not high priority for me[1]) to design a
converter cable to go from the Atari SC1224 monitor to a Tandy CoCo3 RGB
port. AFAIK, they're compatible except the connectors, so it's just
matching pins.

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

[1] The reason the cable's not a high priority is I have both Roy
Justus's's's's ;-) CoCo3->VGA adapter, and Chris Hawks's's's CoCo3->SVideo
adapter... so I can use both an LCD monitor & my 27" Sony Wega  tele as
monitors now.

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger -- SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

What do you do when Life gives you lemons,
and you don't *like* lemonade?????????????