TI-99/4A Floppies

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Sep 27 01:17:55 CDT 2007

How well has TI-99/4A software on floppies been preserved?  We just
received a very large donation.  As part of the donation is what
appears to be a complete TI-99/4A system complete with the expansion
box, and a couple other expansions.  There is documentation for at
least some of the hardware and software.

At this time I've no idea how much TI software is in there, as the TI
floppies are mixed in with hundreds if not thousands of floppies.  I
know the 5 1/4 floppies include TI, C64/128, Apple ][, and PC
floppies.  There are 8" Tandy, and possibly IBM Displaywriter
floppies, tons of 3.5" floppies, and at least one 3" Amstrad floppy.

There is obvious commercial software for the TI on floppy (including
a boxed Infocom game), as well as what appears to be a lot of
floppies from what I suspect was a TI club (these might not be TI
floppies).

I thought I had a lot of floppies until I saw this pile.

		Zane