The Unix Haters' Handbook

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Mon Apr 7 17:22:55 CDT 2008

In article <47F7F8D7.8000907 at msu.edu>,
    Josh Dersch <derschjo at msu.edu>  writes:

> User friendliness, error handling, and consistency at the command line
> is still a problem [...]

For some reason I was thinking of how novice-friendly the PLATO system
was when I read this paragraph.  I remember large batches of people of
all ages working their way through computer aided instruction lessons
in the PLATO terminal room at Udel in the late 70s/early 80s, and this
was when far fewer people were familiar with even the most rudimentary
methods of interacting with a computer.  The touch screen helped for
the grade schoolers, most definately.