Bringing up an older Mac

David Griffith dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Thu Apr 10 01:58:41 CDT 2008

I've just brought up a Mac SE/30 with fresh disks and noticed that the
monitor occasionally gets wavy or shudders.  How should I proceed in
fixing this?

For those interested:
Apple has all sorts of old stuff at
http://www.info.apple.com/support/oldersoftwarelist.html You'll need the
Linux version of Stuffit from
ftp://ftp.allume.com/pub/archive/linux/StuffIt/stuffit520.611linux-i386.tgz.
Unstuff the file you get from Apple, the Unstuff the .data file.  Then
make the disk like this: dd if=System\ Startup of=/dev/fd0 bs=84 skip=1

--
David Griffith
dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu