Mark 1 TR-107

Andrew Burton aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 16 19:58:30 CDT 2008

Hi,

Since this was a) based on the Star Trek Tricorder; b) made in 1996 and; c) the company behind it has gone belly-up, I figured this would be classed as on-topic.

"Here's a direct example of life imitating art. The Mark 1 TR-107 tricorder from Vital Technologies was unveiled in 1996 as a real scientific device. It could monitor electromagnetic fields, weather, color and light. The company apparently made 10,000 of them before going out of business.
 Vital's product was modeled on the tricorders used in the 'Star Trek' series."

http://www.news.com/2300-11395_3-6121389-6.html

and here's another page about it:

http://www.stim.com/Stim-x/0996September/Sparky/tricorder.html

I don't suppose anyone here has one of these?

Regards,
Andrew B
aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk