Looking for a LM4250H 8 Pin DIP or A real good substitute

Gordon JC Pearce gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Thu Apr 17 02:25:48 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 23:59 -0700, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:33:41 -0800
> > From: Brent Hilpert
>
> > What's the app?, does it really have special requirements? So many op-amp
> > types have been produced over the years. Perhaps I exagerrate, but they
> > seem like transistors in that a dozen modern types could cover
> > substitution for the entire range of types.
>
> The audio folks get very picky about brands of op-amps and swear
> there are audible differences between brands of the same op-amp.
>
> My response to those who say "just listen, you can tell" is usually
> "What?"

Think this is more a discussion for roys-tech-chat.

My 2p worth, though, is that you can only tell the audible differences
in opamps when you push them into clipping.  Then it becomes really
noticeable.  Other than that, some opamps are really noisy, which you
can hear, and some have poor slew rates when used in marginal designs
which can cause weirdness with high frequencies.

Gordon