are there any 68000 multi-cpu systems out there?

davis davis at saw.net
Sat Apr 19 06:38:51 CDT 2008

Ray Arachelian wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, were there any machines out there that were
> built from multiple MC68000's CPU's?

In 1983, Metheus corp, did the classic 68k X 2 cpus to fix the double
bus fault problem on their VLSI design workstation.
I never could figure out how you could get the system into a double page
data/code/stack fault in the exception handler, but it's a known
problem.  It just seemed like a lot of bad hardware and OS chicken
shit/walk the line porting of BSD.

I suspect the double 68K bus fault problem solution was a common
Berkeley/USC  grad hack.

Metheus was killed by the 87 stock crash and poor hardware design and
was purchased by ball computer in a fire sale.

Jim.