Rescued a Tandy System II

Martin Scott Goldberg wgungfu at csd.uwm.edu
Tue Apr 22 16:00:35 CDT 2008

Just rescued a Tandy System II, its a Tandy badged version of the TRS-80
Model II it looks like.  Anyone familiar with this version?  I had heard
there were some Tandy branded models of the TRS-80's, but had never ran
across one in person before.

The front badge says:

Tandy 2
Microcomputer System

Also accompanied with a TRS-80 Disk System II, with two of the three
available 8" drives installed.

I left the lineprinter, just didn't have a use for it to try and get it
running again.  And truthfully, this lot was heavy enough as it is -
christ, I thought my IMSAI 8080 and drives unit were heavy.  ;)

It was sitting in this guy's attic since 1981, so it needs a thorough
cleaning.  Got the whole setup for $50.

Anyone have any system disks to spare (or copy) in case everything powers
up ok after cleaning it?

Marty