HP 5036A microprocessor lab - searching for copy of "Practical Microprocessors"

Stuart Johnson ssj152 at centurytel.net
Wed Aug 6 12:50:23 CDT 2008

Simon,

Sorry,

I have only the one copy. I have seen other copies sold on eBay, but
have not been willing to pay the $100 USD or more that they have sold
for. It is really a shame that no one has been able or willing to have
one scanned, but that would take a LOT of work - the manual is over an
inch thick. Without proper OCR it would be a PDF of pictures, which
load very slowly and would make the scan huge. I've seen quite a few
manuals done this way and they aren't nearly as usable as the OCR'd
variety.

I thought about scanning mine back in 2003, and even bought a flat-bed
scanner w/OCR software, but it wasn't up to the job at that time.
Better equipment and software would have been necessary, along with
cutting away the spine of the manual. Today there are better and more
affordable solutions, but I am not up to doing it as my health has
forced me to retire.

I'm not willing to sell my manual in case anyone is wondering, sorry.

This looks like an opportunity for someone with the manual, proper
equipment, and time - anyone?

Simon, do you have the required setup to do this without damaging the
book?

Regards
Stuart Johnson
---