IC collecting

Gordon J. C. Pearce gordon at gjcp.net
Wed Aug 6 03:41:21 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 11:44 -0400, Barber, Brennan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I cam across your posting and wanted to see if you also collected IC's?
> Finding other collectors is a rarity for me so I thought I would shoot
> you and e-mail. I collect clones (russian, eastern block, etc.), Intel
> engineering samples and any IBM cpus.

I prefer to keep the ICs in the boards ;-)

I bought a decent haul of PDP-11/23 stuff from a guy in Australia,
having outbid a chip collector by a penny or two at the last minute.
Those boards are now assembled up in a spare BA23 I had, sitting in a
mate's workshop where it occasionally gets fired up and played with.

I like having butterflies in my garden, too.  Butterflies flying around,
not dead in little boxes.

Gordon