dial-up experiences (was Re: question aaout ISP's)

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Thu Aug 7 23:26:19 CDT 2008

On Friday 08 August 2008 00:06, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> This was a USR?  Not a Sportster?  The Courier V.Everything and Dual
> Standards are smaller than the HST, but I assume that isn't what
> you're talking about.
(Snip)
> USR Sportsters seemed to work all right for awhile and then exhibit
> problems.

Oh,  and I happened to wander into a local ISP at one point.  (They're long
gone now,  unfortunately.)  Stuck my head through a doorway which seemed to
cause them no end of consternation when I glanced toward the single big tower
that was in the room there,  and then on the wall nearby I saw phone wiring
and a whole *bunch* of modems hanging on the wall -- all Sportsters,  which I
commented on at that time.  Surprised the heck out of me,  that did.

-
M Dakin