dial-up experiences (was Re: question aaout ISP's)

Keith M keithvz at verizon.net
Fri Aug 8 09:02:27 CDT 2008

Andrew Burton wrote:
> Yeah, I know of Whiz Kids. Only seen part of the first episode as I haven't had time to watch the others yet.
> About 9 episodes have been uploaded onto YouTube.com with each episode split into several parts.

For what it's worth, there is a 7.5gb download from bittorrent with all
18 episodes which were recorded from VHS tape(from 1983).  The quality
is pretty shaky, with the audio being the worst part.

While I'm not sure it matters, Universal (who currently own the rights)
have absolutely no intention of bringing it out on DVD --- and would
unlikely enforce any copyright claims associated.  I spoke recently with
the co-producer of the show, and pushes to have it released on DVD have
resulted in not so much of a return phone call saying, "No."

Keith