68000 ASM

Rich Alderson RichA at vulcan.com
Wed Aug 13 18:00:15 CDT 2008

From: Andrew Burton
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 3:27 PM

> I am writing a little 68000 ASM code so I can add a few of my own
> commands to AMOS Basic. Whilst searching online I found this
> great page:

> http://www.virtualdub.org/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=84

> It mentions a "green-covered" issue of Byte with programming tips
> for the 68000 (eg. moveq #0 is faster than clr.l 0!). Does anyone
> have this issue and can I have a copy of it? Or at the very
> least, the issue number so I can hunt it down, please?

The original article is available at

        http://linux.cis.monroeccc.edu/~paulrsm/doc/trick68k.htm

I have the issue in question (September, 1986, according to a
quick search using Google), but since it's packed in a box on the
back wall of a full 10x15 storage locker I'm not going to go look
at the cover just to see if it's green.

Rich Alderson                                       RichA at vulcan.com
Server Engineer, PDPplanet Project                  (206) 342-2239
Vulcan, Inc., 505 5th Avenue S, Seattle, WA 98104   (206) 465-2916 cell