free - two large 9 track tape units; boston area

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Fri Aug 15 12:36:34 CDT 2008

Hi

I have two (2x) 9-track tape units I no longer need.  These are rack
mounted units, not currently in racks.  One is brand new.  I'm pretty
sure both have pertec interfaces and could be driven from most any
pertec interface.

I believe both will read 800 bpi & 1600 tapes.  Not sure if they will go
beyond that.  The are physically clean and in good shape.

Anyone want them?

If you do, these need to be picked up.  They are way too heavy for
shipping.

ps: if someone take them *both* I will offer to throw in a 19" rack on
wheels.  it's clean and in good shape with a dec power module on the
bottom.

-brad

Brad Parker
Heeltoe Consulting