IBM LPFK reverse engineering

Dennis Boone drb at msu.edu
Sun Aug 17 17:19:52 CDT 2008

 > Phil - I'm on Linux using MINICOM or DOS using an old PROCOMM.  Sending
 > a break while doesn't seem to have any effect.  How long is the break
 > being held for?  (PROCOMM is configurable.)

Mike,

Linux seems to deal differently with the DSR signal than Hyperterm on
Windoze.  I've got some devices around (like UPS and switch management
ports, which are likely 3-wire setups) for which I have to force DSR to
get minicom or kermit to be useful.  Any chance you just have a hardware
handshake problem?

De