OT: Microsoft crazy academic deal

tonym tonym at compusource.net
Thu Aug 21 00:52:07 CDT 2008

Funniest, is that "feature" makes it unusable at, oh, 9 out of 10 universities in this country, and countless
numbers of businesses. I know I couldn't use it at work - it wouldn't open hardly anything.

I'd me MORE than happy to install OpenOffice on my wife's laptop...
But what is she to do when the send her stuff in Office 2007 format, which OO can't open?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not pro Microsoft, or anything. This is just a tool that my wife needs in school,
and it was cheap. Obviously, by installing OO 2.4.1 and trying to open some of her docs from her last
semester, OO isn't going to cut it. It opened 3 out of 17,and the rest, it wanted me to go through a HUGE list of formats to choose one,of which most Office 2007 stuff was missing. Office jsut knows what it is.

Couldn't even open the PowerPoint presentations at all.

Tony