Open source, stand alone, ASCII terminal project

Gordon JC Pearce MM3YEQ gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Tue Dec 2 03:12:57 CST 2008

Ethan Dicks wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Doc Shipley <doc at mdrconsult.com> wrote:
>>  I'm stoked about it.  I do a lot of service work on headless systems, and
>> not having to haul a[n old] laptop around for a serial terminal will be a
>> huge boon.  There's a keyboard just about anywhere, and I envision  a
>> "production" model with, say, a 5" LCD in the case, running on batteries.
>>  Literally a shirt-pocket terminal.
>
> If you know of a smallish VGA LCD, that'd be great.  I myself have
> nothing smaller than about 12", larger than my Planar ELT-320
> terminals.

At my last job (still looking, incidentally, so if you need a solder
slinger, metal basher or server wrangler in NW Scotland, y'know...) we
had a 9" portable LCD TV with composite, S-video and VGA inputs.  No
SCART, unfortunately.  It was great for using as a shooting monitor and
also for debugging headless Mac installations.

Gordon