PDP-11 Zork Manual: Save $2,348.31

Dan Gahlinger dgahling at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 2 09:38:05 CST 2008

> > One of the rumors about the version I have is that it was supposedly able to tell you
> > exactly where errors were in the code (if you mis-entered it), by line and segment.
>
> Hmm... I am unfamiliar with that "feature".

It was just a rumor, I'm not sure if it was true or not, probably totally false.
But the printout is about 6" thick... :)

> > Plus, some of it being pre fortran-77 and the vms weirdness of the time makes it next to impossible to transcode...
>
> I think it would be strange for 1976-era FORTRAN to have VMSisms since
> that predates the 11/780, but I'm sure there could be plenty of
> DECisms from FORTRAN on RSTS/E or RSX-11.

I like to blame DEC for everything :)

There are weirdnesses in the fortran (from the 11/780) that don't translate well, or at all.

a lot of issues from OCR, check http://trek7.sourceforge.net if you want to see some of my nightmares...

Dan.