Open source, stand alone, ASCII terminal project

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Dec 3 12:26:11 CST 2008

On 3 Dec 2008 at 7:10, Bob Armstrong wrote:

>   I try to limit my gizmos to thru hole packages to make them easier for the
> hobbyist to assemble, and there just aren't any CPLDs available in thru hole
> packages that also have anywhere near enough logic to implement a whole
> CRTC.

There are inexpensive SMT to through-hole adapters available.  While
I wouldn't trust myself to carefully hand-solder a whole board full
of SMT, the adpaters are fairly easy to do.

Can one still get CPLDs in PLCC?  Sockets for those are still throug-
hole.  Would one be large enough?

5 volt logic also seems to be poised to go the way of through-hole
devices.

But sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Cheers,
Chuck