Triangle pseudo-Robertson screws [was Re: 5" floppy?.]

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Dec 3 18:23:03 CST 2008

On 3 Dec 2008 at 20:16, Tony Duell wrote:

> And I'll disagree with the disagreement :-). I don't believe you should
> protect people from their own actions. If they want to get electrocuted,
> that's their business. The _real_ problem is that the person (if he
> lives) or his relatives then sues the manufacturer. The sooner such
> lawsuits are sent where they belong the better!

Well, if we really wanted to protect people from their own actions,
we'd get rid of wall sockets with 120/220 volts on them.  After all,
any idiot can jam a couple of paperclips into the thing and do
himself in.  We should limit these to about 10 volts and 50 ma...

And for heavean's sake, make sure that people can't get their hands
on anything but very small quantites of dangerous substances such as
gasoline!

Cheers,
Chuck