one more qume dt8 related question

Jonathan Gevaryahu jzg22 at drexel.edu
Thu Dec 4 21:56:30 CST 2008

The Qume DT8 I have has only the HL line cut on the programmable shunt
block at 1E. This doesn't match any configuration shown in the usage or
service manual.
Also, it has the SS trace (between U3E and U3D) cut. This trace is not
explained anywhere in the user or service manual except that it is shown
to exist.
The schematic at the end of the latest rev manual at bitsavers shows
that it has something to do with whether head 0 or head 1 is selected
(or perhaps loaded) in regards to the READY and INDEX signals on the
shugart interface. Does anyone know exactly what it is supposed to do? I
got lost in all the logic.

Thanks,

--
Jonathan Gevaryahu